COVID-19 Information and Procedure
A message from Sterling Joseph, Owner of Sterling's Team Speed:
In response to the spread of COVID-19, Sterling's Team Speed would like to provide both resources for you to stay informed regarding the global pandemic of the COVID-19 virus as well as let you know what preventative measures we are recommending you take when training in our facility as well as share with you what procedures we have put into place to help prevent the spread of the virus.
Resources about COVID-19
Center for Disease Control
You can find information such as situation summaries, Cases in the U.S. Global locations with COVID-19 as well as risk assessment. Ways to prevent the illness and preventative steps can be found here as well.
World Health Organization
The WHO website has similar information that you may find helpful.
What You Can Do
- Wash your hands in our restrooms or use the hand sanitizer provided at the front desk when you enter and exit our facility.
- Bring a full water bottle. Our drinking fountains are not available for public use.
- If you or your child are sick, please stay home and skip your training session.
- Use respiratory etiquette and cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze with the inside of your elbow.
- Refrain from touching your face. Your eyes, nose and mouth are places where the virus can spread more easily.
What Sterling's Team Speed is Doing
Private & Small Group Training
- Symptom screening and temperature checks are happening prior to entry for all participants. Please complete our online Approval for Entry form. Show us your confirmation email at the door prior to entering. Thank you.
- If you are training privately by yourself or with another member of your household, you will not be required to wear a mask. If you are training with someone else who is not a current member of your household, you will each be required to wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth. Please note: Participants under 10 years of age are not required to wear a mask unless they are participating in a large group or team training session (please see below).
- Coaches and staff will be wearing masks that cover their nose and mouth at all times.
- Our equipment and weights are cleaned after every use by both individuals and teams with Clorox disinfecting wipes and well as with a hospital grade aerosol cleaning spray. Paper towels are used with the spray and all cleaning material is thrown away after each use.
- In addition and as always, our coaching staff is assigned areas of our facility that they are required to clean. We have increased the frequency of cleaning.
- We have signs on all of our equipment requiring anyone who uses them to disinfect them with the Clorox Wipes and Spray provided.
- As we have always had, we have a professional cleaning service that cleans our facility.
Team & Class Training
- Large group and team training will take place at 8262 S University Blvd, Ste 150, Centennial, CO 80122. This is a vacant 12,000 sq ft space that is in our same shopping center.
- Masks MUST be worn upon entry and during all group/team training sessions. Including kids under 10 years.
- Participants must fill out an “Approval for Entry” digital form every day prior to entering the facility. Participants will show their confirmation email prior to entering the building each day. This link is provided in the QR code sent in your Training Confirmation email prior to the program’s start date. If you need access to it again, please click here and bookmark this page.
- Athletes will be given hand sanitizer before and after each training session.
- We will only have 2 groups/teams training per hour in this facility at a time.
- Doors will remain locked at all times. Participants are expected to arrive NO LATER THAN 5 minutes before their session begins. Coaches will escort groups/teams into the building 5 minutes prior to their training session. Please plan accordingly.
- Athletes must provide their own water – please remember to bring plenty of it! There will not be access to drinking fountains or dispensers during your session.
- Social distancing of a minimum of 6 feet needs to be maintained during each training session. We ask that all athletes maintain a minimum 10 feet distance from our coaching staff.
- Only athletes will be allowed into the facility during training. Parents, siblings or other adults providing rides to and from training will be asked to wait outside.
Thus far, we are fortunate that COVID-19 does not seem to be as detrimental to our youth population but we do feel that it is our responsibility to keep those that are at higher risk safe as well. It is our priority to be mindful of not only how this can impact our young clients but how it can impact those more vulnerable in our society. We hope to do our part in protecting our clients, their families and the community.
If you have any further questions or concerns regarding these policies, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 303.779.3640.
Thank you for your time,
Sterling Joseph, Owner, Sterling's Team Speed